Boy Scout Meritbadge Requirements
- Give a brief history of the bugle.
- Do the following:
- Explain and demonstrate how the bugle makes sound, and explain how the bugle is related to other brass wind instruments.
- Compose a bugle call for your troop or patrol to signal a common group activity, such as assembling for mealtime or striking a campsite.
- Sound the following bugle calls:
- "First Call"
- "To the Colors"
- "Call to Quarters"
- Explain when each of the calls in requirement 3 is used.
- Explain how to care for, clean, and maintain a bugle.
- Serve as bugler in your troop for three months. *
NOTE: A bugle, trumpet, or cornet may be used to meet these requirements.
Source: 2007 Boy Scout Requirements (33215)
Additional helpful links