Pledge Of Allegiance, By John Wayne
Back to main "Pledge of Allegiance" page
Pledge of Allegiance explained by John Wayne
- I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
- To me, they say, thank you America, for your strength, your courage, and for our freedom, which has been a beacon of the world, for 200 years.
- OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
- Whose bright stars are fifty states. Each bearing it's own stamp of individuality. People, two hundred million strong. People. Who have come to work from all corners of the earth.
- AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS
- A land of laws. An ingenious system of checks and balances, that allows no man to become a tyrant. And, lets no group prevail, if their power is not tempered with a real concern for the government. A land where the right of dissent and free speech be jealously guarded. Where ballot boxes are the sword and the people its wielders.
- ONE NATION UNDER GOD
- A land where freedom of worship, is a cornerstone of her being. A land graced with temples and churches, synagogues and alters, that rise in profusion, to embrace all the religions of the world.
- A land forged by the hot steel of raw courage. And formed forever by the awful crucible, civil war.
- WITH LIBERTY
- That a man in pursuit of an honest life, will not be denied his chance. Where her citizens move freely within her vast borders without hindrance or fear. A land brimming with opportunity, where freedom of choice is the guideline for all.
- AND JUSTICE
- The courts of our land are open to all. It's wheels of justice grind for all causes, all people. They look to every avenue for justice. Every concern of the law. And they temper their reasoning with mercy, ....
- For ALL !!!