Warm Weather Camping Checklist
Printable Version (PDF 50KB)
This list assumes a single night of camping. For a second night, add additional clothing as required.
- The key to staying cool is very similar to the guide to staying warm, and that is to layer your clothing.
- Wear enough to keep you comfortable so that you don't overheating and sweating. Remove layers of clothing when you start getting too hot.
- Wear a hat and avoid dark colors when you are travelling through areas of direct sunlight. Put on an appropriate amount of sunscreen.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration
- Stay away from carbonated drinks.
|Item Description||Item Description|
|Tent (Scout Supplied)||Swimming Trunks|
|Fifteen Degree Sleeping Bag||Towels (drying and wash cloth)|
|Sleeping Pad (not inflatable vinyl)||Soap|
|Pillow (recommended)||Toothbrush and Toothpaste|
|Flashlight and Extra Batteries||Deodorant|
|Water Bottle or Canteen||Comb or Brush|
|One Gallon of Water (as required)||First Aid Kit|
|Compass||Medicines (as required)|
|Pocket Knife or Multi-Purpose Knife||Insect Repellent (suggested)|
|Whistle||Sun Screen Lotion (suggested)|
|Mess Kit (plate, bowl, cup, fork, knife and spoon)||Tote'n'Chip Card|
|Waterproof Rain Gear||Fire'm'Chit Card|
|Sweater or Sweatshirt||Sunglasses (optional)|
|Two pair of pants or shorts (one is extra)||Day or Fanny Pack (as required)|
|Activity Shirt (Class "B")||Camera (optional)|
|Three shirts (one is extra)||Watch (optional)|
|Three pairs of underwear (one is extra)||Folding Chair (optional)|
|Three pairs of socks (one is extra)||Scout Handbook (required)|
|Hiking Boots||Merit Badge Books (as required)|
|Tennis or other closed-toe shoe||Merit Badge Cards (as required)|
|Troop Hat||Notebook (as required)|
|Appropriate Medication (As required)||Pen and/or Pencil (as required)|